Sunday, September 6, 2009

Meals for 9/6/09

Hello everyone! Sorry for the late post. Kevin and I got up this morning and had our breakfast (pictured below) and then took off and drove to Revere Beach. It was a beautiful day, sunny but not hot and a cool breeze...perfect day! Here is what I had for breakfast:

Oroweat sandwich thins = 1 point
1 Tbsp jam = 1 point
2 slices center cut bacon = 2 points
Egg beaters = .5 point
Total points for Breakfast = 4.5
(I didn't eat all the eggs because I didn't like them much so I counted for 1/8 cup)

As I said Kevin and I went for a drive and I will be posting pictures and more on my other blog. For lunch we stopped at El Pollo Loco which is a low point place to go for most things. I had a soft taco and side of coleslaw. In checking Dottie's Weight loss Zone website here are the point values of each:
Soft Taco = 5.5 points
Side of Coleslaw = 5 points
Total points for lunch = 10.5

Stay tuned for dinner...Kevin is making spaghetti...we use dream fields pasta which is much better for diabetics and I actually like it more than regular pasta. It has more fiber and it only has 5 net carbs per serving. I will take a picture and post it later...:)

**********************
Hey there friends!! Kevin made his grandmothers spaghetti tonight for dinner and we have leftovers for tomorrow night!! :) I stopped at Panera Bread and got some fresh sourdough bread to go with it. I had one cup of spaghetti, 3/4 cup sauce and a slice of sourdough bread and milk! Sooo good!! I also stopped in at a Weight Watchers center in Revere and bought the new Comfort foods cookbook!! The one that my blog friend Heather has been talking about and telling us about the things she has tried and they looked so good!! I will let you all know the things I try:) Here is what I had for dinner:

Spaghetti and sauce = 8 points
Sourdough bread = 2
2 tsp butter = 2 points
Milk = 2 points
Total points for Dinner = 14

Evening dessert is Skinny Cow Chocolate cone = 3 points
Prune Juice (don't ask...LOL) = 3 points

TOTAL POINTS FOR THE DAY = 33

I think I did really good for this week. Most days I stuck to my daily points...and I only used 8.5 of my weekly allowance...leaving 26.5 points. As I said before its good to use some of those points especially for when you end up going out to eat...so I am very happy with my eating this week. Tomorrow is our weigh in day..wish us luck!! :)



2 comments:

  1. Wow that spaghetti looks so yummy! Congratulations on a great week!

    RYC: I've never been to Old Orchard before, but I"m super excited! We arrive there tomorrow which is the first day of the "off" season, so I'm not sure if that means it will be less crowded or equally as crowded given the excellent prices!

    Any tips on places to go, do?

    ReplyDelete