Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Meals for 9/1/09

Wow!! It is September already??? Soon the leaves will be changing and all the fall colors will come out. That is kind of exciting being it will be my first "fall" here in New England! The view from our apartment has alot of trees and they will probably turn colors as well...we are looking forward to taking some drives so I can get some beautiful pictures of the changes. I would love some advise from all you New Englanders on where to go and when the best time to go is....:)

On to my breakfast...I saw on Lynn's blog peanut butter toast with sliced banana's and it looked so good! So I gave it a try this morning with some WW Strawberry yogurt on the side. It was really good! Elvis used to make fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches...I bet that would be good too...but "fried" isn't on my menus these days! Here is my picture:

Oroweat Sandwich Thins = 1 point
Banana = 2 points
WW Strawberry Yogurt = 1 point
1 Tbsp red fat peanut butter = 2 points
Total Points for Breakfast = 6

It is another beautiful day expected to be in the 70's...I can handle the 70's. It is when it is above 80 that it starts to get too hot to me. I guess I need to get used to the higher temps...LOL. Come back later to see what I have for lunch. Catch y'all later!

*************************
Hello everyone...I have been busy this morning washing my bed linens and I was going to make my banana bread but found I don't have any sugar:( Since we moved I haven't bought any...they wouldn't move anything that was opened so I had to leave the sugar behind. So I will go to the store tomorrow and pick some up and some cottage cheese that I forgot last weekend. Today for lunch I had a repeat meal...I am using the picture from that other meal because it is the same and I didn't take a picture of it this time...the only difference is I had a Diet Pepsi with it instead of water and then I had grapes for a mid afternoon snack...here ya go:

Smart Ones Steak & Ranch Grilled flat bread = 6 points
Snyders 100 calorie pack of pretzel sticks = 2 points
Diet Pepsi = 0 points
Grapes (afternoon snack) = 1 point
Total Points for Lunch and snack = 9 points

For dinner I am making one of our favorite dinners that I found in a cookbook that we use alot. It is Fried Chicken & Gravy....how can you eat fried chicken & gravy and keep it low in points? Check back later and I will show you:)

*************************
Hey there...I saw in my comments that you were all looking forward to my dinner menu...fried chicken and gravy. The recipe is for 6 servings but I only make 2. It is the best chicken & gravy recipe I have found for being on WW. For just the chicken and gravy it is 5 points. Here is the picture...

Chicken & gravy = 5 points
1/3 cup instant potatoes = 4 points
Green Beans = 0 points
Milk = 2 points
Total points for dinner = 11 points

Here is the recipe for the Chicken & Gravy

6 (4 oz) Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 cup Evaporated Skim Milk
1/2 cup chicken broth

Mix the flour, paprika, thyme, salt & pepper in a large baggie. Rinse and dry chicken. Put chicken in baggie to coat with flour mixture. Save the remaining flour mixture. Heat oil in pan. Cook chicken 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink inside. Put remaining flour mixture in a medium bowl. Whisk in the Evaporated skim milk and then the chicken broth. When chicken is done drain excess oil from pan and discard. Pour the gravy into the hot pan. Whisk it as it will thicken quickly. Serve gravy over chicken (I splurge a little and add some to my mashed potatoes too...keeps me from having to add butter to my potatoes)

I will be having a whole fruit strawberry bar for dessert and 2 WW chocolate chip cookies to complete my points for the day...as I said before you should always eat all of your points or your body won't drop the weight...:)

Whole fruit Strawberry bar = 1 point
WW Chocolate Chip Cookies = 3 points

TOTAL POINTS FOR THE DAY = 30!

Goodnight everyone!!




6 comments:

  1. Oh, I can't wait to see supper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is here in Nova Scotia too, LOVE it; my absolute fav time of year! Had a beautiful walk home from work today.

    Mmm banana & pb combo is so good. :)

    A healthy fried chicken & gravy? I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That chicken looks yummy...oh and green beans. I've been craving canned green beans so much during this pregnancy. I could just open the can and eat the whole thing. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant believe its already been a week! Your recipe looks good-- you need to make a homemade cookbook! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so making that chicken sometime soon. Maybe even tonight! Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete