Monday, September 21, 2009

Meals for 9/21/09

Hello Everyone! Happy Monday! Slept like a rock last night...got up this morning and had to run to the grocery store for a few things. I picked up some of the Yoplait Parfaits that TJ talked about in her blog and also some of the Smart ones mini pizzas...thought I would try them for lunch today. I was also able to find the Deep chocolate Vita Top Muffins...and some more of my Oroweat thins. I think I found that grocery shopping is best done first thing Monday morning..it was very different today:) For breakfast I toasted a sandwich thin and put peanut butter on it and had a banana...here is a picture of the sandwich thins w/peanut butter...didn't take a picture of the banana...but I am sure you all know what a banana looks like...LOL:

Oroweat Sandwich Thins = 1 point
Reduced Fat Peanut Butter = 2 points
Banana = 2 points
Total points for Breakfast = 5 points

Yesterday while at Costco I saw something that I had read about on a blog somewhere...sorry I don't remember which blog...they are called Veggie Crunchers. It is vacuum dried veggies (sweet potatoes, Squash, Carrots, Taro and Green Beans). I had them today for a mid morning snack. They are pretty good. It is really good for the crunch and you can really taste the flavors of the vegetables. I kind of wish they just had carrot chips because they are my favorite ones. Here is a picture of what they look like and what the bag looks like..give them a try...1/2 a cup is 3 points:


Mid morning snack: Veggie Crunchers = 3 points

The more I ate the more I liked it...it is weird how sometimes you can try something and think "eeeh" but then when you keep eating it you start liking it more and more. Give it a try..you never know you could love it! :) Come back for lunch!

**************
Sorry I am late for lunch....so I will post both lunch and dinner:) Had a busy afternoon doing housework and looking for jobs online. I think I might have found one to apply for so I am excited about that...and it is only 15 min drive away...I didn't want to do the subway if I didn't have to. So wish me luck! For lunch I had the Smart Ones Mini Pizza's and the Chocolate & Raspberry Parfait...they were both really good! Then for an afternoon snack I had some sliced apples I got from Costco...but I only ate half the bag because there were alot in one bag. Here are the pictures...



Smart Ones Mini Pizzas = 5 points
Yoplait Parfait = 2 points
Apples = 1 point
Total points for Lunch = 8 points

For dinner I made one of my husbands favorite meals....Mexican Casserole:) It is pretty easy to make and it is something we always have a little leftover for tomorrow nights meal:) Here is a couple pictures...


Mexican Casserole = 11 points per serving (I have it as 4 servings but it could probably be 6)
Milk = 2 points
Total points for Dinner = 13 points

Dessert: Skinny Cow Chocolate Ice cream cone = 3 points

TOTAL POINTS USED FOR THE DAY = 31!

I have blogged about this recipe before and you can find it HERE. Have a great evening everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Those veggie crunchers sound interesting. Can you put them on a salad or do you just eat them plain? Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought about putting them in a salad...but that might be good!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah you found them! I did enjoy the pizza...and loved the lemon parfait. Today I bought the chocolate raspberry and I didnt care for it. :( bummer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wondering if those new yoplait dessert cups were any good. I guess I'll have to give them a try now. The mexican cassarole looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete