Saturday, September 5, 2009

Meals for 9/5/09

Hello everyone!! Happy Saturday!! It is beautiful here and I think its supposed to hit 80 today...but the rest of the week I think is supposed to be in the 70's...Kevin and I are getting ready to head out for some errands today. I had a low point breakfast in case we stop somewhere for lunch. I still have my weekly allowance left but I am going to try not to have to use too much of it. On days like this there is nothing like a nice cold refreshing salad...:) Here is my breakfast:

Oroweat Sandwich Thins = 1 point
1 Tbsp red fat peanut butter = 2 points
Water = 0 points
Total points for Breakfast = 3

Free free to check out my other blog later today to see what we did today...I do a Saturday Cell Phone collage of what I do on Saturdays...and I will update with my lunch later...take care everyone! :)

*********************
I am back:) We decided to make today a short outing day and tomorrow we are going to take a drive to Newport. We went to Costco and picked up some yummy grapes, cantaloupe (all your fault TJ after seeing it on your blog recently I had to have some! LOL), Some Apple/Pear Crisps..very yummy sweet snack and only .5 points per packet! I also bought some Fiber One Blueberry muffin mix...each muffin is 3 points...thought it might make for a nice breakfast muffin:) And some Tuna fish to make some tuna salad for something different.

We ended up eating lunch at Cheesecake Factory. I know...your thinking why would you go there when your trying to lose weight...well we were at the mall and I know they have salads there...and they also have some weight management salads...I took a picture of the three salads on the menu:

I looked on Dottie's Weight Loss Zone who is a lifesaver if your counting points because she has hundreds of restaurants and she will put the cal/fat/fiber and WW points. For this salad it was 14 points!! However the Cheesecake Factory doesn't list fiber so it might be lower than that... I only ate about 1/3 of the salad because it was so huge..and only about 2 Tbsp of the dressing which was only 13 calories a serving and 0 fat...so I listed it as 7 points for my lunch just to be safe. I have NO idea what would make this salad so much points...it has lettuce, carrots, bean sprouts, chicken (not much but some), almonds, pea pods (I didn't find any in my salad) and some crunchy noodles...who knows. It wasn't the best and I wouldn't get it again....but it did the trick for a nice summer day:) Here is a picture of the salad...now keep in mind as I said I only ate 1/3 of the salad if that!

Weight Mgmt Asian Chicken Salad = 7 points (for what I ate)
2 pieces of wheat bread = 2.5
2 tsp of butter = 2 points
Total points for Lunch = 11.5 points

Afternoon snack = Banana Bread = 3 points

For dinner as a treat we are having some Domino's pizza. No worries..we are sharing a pizza and only having 2 slices which equal 10 points per the WW site. With Kevin eating so much better the last few weeks his sugar levels are doing really well! For those of you who don't know Kevin has Type 2 diabetes. This is another reason why we are trying to lose weight. Not only does he have it but my father has it too. I tend to follow in his footsteps in his aliments and so that is one that I am trying to avoid. We are going to do it this time...no question! I will be doing my weekly grocery shopping tomorrow and planning my meals for the week. Hope your all having a great weekend so far!! Check back later...:)

*********************
Hey there:) Spent the rest of the afternoon catching up on blogs and watching some TV...and I am about ready to get up and start cutting up some cantaloupe....can't wait!! :) I had my 2 slices of pizza...can't believe that it is only 10 points...and it was totally enough to fill me up! For dessert I will be having some grapes and I have .5 points left so I will be having one of my apple crisp things in between...:) Here is my dinner:

2 slices of Domino's pizza = 10 points
Apple Crisps = .5 points
Diet Pepsi = 0 points
Total points for Dinner = 11 points

Cantaloupe = 1 point
Grapes = 1 point

TOTAL POINTS USED FOR THE DAY = 30!

Have a great night everyone!! :)


2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your day!
    How on earth do you keep up with 2 blogs?? lol
    :) I will check back- I wanna see what you got for lunch today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you thinking ahead....smart girl! I have a question. How are those sandwich thins? I have yet to try them.

    ReplyDelete