Friday, September 25, 2009

Meals for 9/25/09

Hello everyone...its been a busy morning...I got up early this morning and went to Hannaford to pick up some bread and some Zone bars...and then tried out a Market that I saw an ad for thinking it might be a farmers type market with lots of produce. It was called Roxies. It was nice but I was a little disappointed in the amount of produce...they had really good prices on meat..I got a 2 1/2 pound pork roast for dinner on Sunday for $5.50....so I got some potatoes and zucchini to go with it:)

Then I stopped on the way home at the Wollaston Beach and walked 1.2 miles on the boardwalk...it was super windy but it was such a beautiful day! I am going to blog about it on my other blog so feel free to check it out:)

For breakfast this morning I just grabbed a Cashew Cookie Lara Bar. I didn't realize it was 5 points until after I ate it...oh well it gave me energy...

Cashew Cookie LaraBar = 5 points

Sorry I didn't get a picture but I was in a rush to get my errands and exercise done...catch you later for lunch!

******************
Hello friends!! While at Roxies I bought some Tortilla's that are super high in fiber and has flax, wheat and oats...it was actually REALLY good and they are 1 point! I haven't really made my own wraps before but I decided to come up with a yummy wrap...I remember having a BBQ ranch salad at a restaurant a while back and really loved the taste of the dressing so I bought some Fat Free Ranch dressing and some BBQ sauce and made my own sauce for the wrap. I took 1 Tbsp BBQ sauce (1/2 of the serving) and 2 Tbsp of the FF ranch dressing and mixed it up...spread about a tablespoon of this sauce on the tortilla, added some shredded carrots, 1 serving of the chicken strips and about 3 Tbsp of reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese...BAM! It was the best wrap I have had in a long time! And according to the recipe builder on WW it was all only 6 points! And it really filled me up! Here is a picture of it open and then closed with my side of baby carrots. Topped it all off with a Berry Parfait and it was a very yummy lunch!!



BBQ Chicken Wrap = 6 points
Carrots = 0 points
Berry Parfait = 2 points
Total points for Lunch = 8 points
Your probably wondering why I am eating low points today...well my husband and I are going to go out to dinner tonight...we haven't been out to eat for a while and thought it would be nice to get out of the house...and we have to take his suits to be dry cleaned:) I have 17 points left for the day and 34.5 flex points left over...don't get me wrong..I am going to be good and with the exercise I did this morning I think I deserve a night out with my hubby:) Catch me later and see what I had...:)

******************
Well....we ended up going to LaPaloma Mexican Restaurant. We were both craving it since we haven't been there in a while. I am not sure how many points to count my dinner at so I am just going to count the remaining 17 for the day on my dinner...I had Chicken over onions, green peppers and rice and 2 tortilla's...I didn't eat much of the rice but I ate both tortillas. It was very good and I am very happy now that I exercised so much this morning...the nice thing is I left satisfied but not stuffed and uncomfortable!

LaPaloma dinner = 17 points

TOTAL POINTS USED FOR THE DAY = 30!
TOTAL ACTIVITY POINTS EARNED FOR THE DAY = 5!

Looking forward to a nice relaxing evening with the hubby...catching up on some things on the DVR. Catch y'all later!

3 comments:

  1. I wish we had a boardwalk to walk on! How fun for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you didn't do too bad at the restaurant. Good for you.

    And thanks for sending me the details on the veggies. :)

    ReplyDelete