Monday, January 7, 2013

Crazy day!


Good Evening my friends! :) Today was a wicked busy day at work. I was so busy that I forgot to take a picture of my breakfast and lunch...but I did take a picture of my very yummy dinner!

Today at lunch I walked down to our break room there was something that was cooking in the microwave that smelled so good! I knew that it wasn't anything healthy and I could feel myself gain a pound just smelling it! I don't know how the people that sit near the break room do it. I would be hungry all day long!

I watched the Biggest Loser last night. I am starting to get a little tired of the drill sargent ways of training. When someone hasn't exercised in years or ever to expect them to hop on the treadmill and run for several minutes and then do the stair climber until they pass out or throw up that is just wrong! And for them to lose 29 pounds in one week??? I know that they do nothing but eat and exercise but really?? Maybe it is a longer span of time but they make you think its once a week. It makes me losing 2 pounds look like nothing! LOL

I need to figure out something different to eat for breakfast. I love my yogurt and banana but I don't always feel full for very long after eating it. If anyone has any easy ideas to bring to work feel free to comment:) Here is my food for the day:

BREAKFAST
 
Dannon Strawberry Greek Yogurt = 3 points
Banana = 0 points
 
 
MORNING SNACK
 
Strawberries = 0
 
LUNCH
 
Bread = 2 points
Tuna Salad = 2 points
Lettuce = 0 points
Veggie Straws = 3 points
Baby Carrots & Celery = 0 points
Total Lunch points = 7 points
 
AFTERNOON SNACK
 
90 calorie Quaker granola bar = 3 points
 
DINNER
 
Fried Chicken & Gravy (6 oz chicken) = 8 points
Potato Buds Instant Mashed Potatoes 3/4 cup = 5 points
Green Beans = 0 points
Milk = 4 points
Total Dinner points = 17 points
 
EVENING SNACK
 
 
Bag of Popcorn = 3 points
 
Total points for the day = 33 points!
 
I miscalculated the points for the day...now I am 7 under:( Oh well...I will do better tomorrow.
 
This dinner is one of my favorite dinners I make. It is from the Better Homes & Gardens "New Dieters Cookbook". I put a link under My Favorite Recipes that will take you to the recipe. I also made the Beef and Bean burritos last night out of this cookbook but I couldn't find the recipe online. If you can find this book GET IT! There are so many good recipes and they are reasonable in points. The points above for the chicken dinner were a little higher was because the chicken was 6 instead of 5 ounces.
 
I am going to go and watch some TV and chill out before going to bed. Have a wonderful night!
 
 
 
 

1 comments:

  1. Well dinner looks really yummy! Glad you had a good day even if you were under points. Maybe bulk up the breakfast with some protein? Or even just some more fruit or something. What works best with your body?

    ReplyDelete