Monday, October 19, 2009

Meals for 10/19/09

Good Morning!! It is yet another Monday...it was an early morning...Kevin had a Dr. appointment at 8:45 so I took him and then dropped him off at the T station to go to work...then I stopped at the grocery store...I forgot to pick up some paper sacks for Kevin's lunches and ended up walking out with two bags of stuff...funny how that happens...but I did something I should NEVER do...went to the store starving!! I saw on my daily email from Hungry Girl Jimmy Dean D-Lights breakfast sandwiches. I thought I would try one because I love things that keep me full. So I ended up having a late breakfast...
Jimmy Dean Muffin w/turkey sausage, egg white & cheese = 5 points!!

It was really good...a little pricey though...I will probably wait for them to go on sale before I buy more...there is only 4 in a package...I really wanted the croissant sandwich but it was 6 points and I am trying to stay 5 & under for breakfast if possible. Check back for lunch...I am having something a little different...:)

*****************
I'm back...:) I hope your all having a wonderful day!! The sun is shining here in Boston but it is still chilly outside! Today for lunch I had some mini pizzas that I made with my sandwich thins...I used 2% fat mozzarella cheese, boboli pizza sauce and some turkey pepperoni...you wouldn't know the difference in the turkey or beef except I think it is less greasy! Here it is:




Pizza = 5 points (for both halves!)
Lemon Torte Parfait = 2 points
Veggie Crunchers = 3 points
Total points for Lunch = 10 points

Afternoon Snack:

VitaMuffin = 1 point

Come back and check out dinner...I am trying a recipe I found on my ifoods application on my IPhone...its BBQ chicken with a pineapple ring and green pepper cooked in a foil packet...come check it out! :)

******************
Hi friends!! I spent the afternoon doing a little laundry and catching up on some blogs...wasn't feeling all that great...but I am feeling better now...:) For the chicken I made what I did was pound a boneless skinless chicken breast to about 1/4 inch thick so that it cooks evenly. Put in in the middle of the foil put a ring of pineapple on top and a slice of green pepper on top of that...put about 2 Tbsp of BBQ sauce and then wrap it up leaving some room for air to circulate....this is what it looks like when you have it wrapped up:

I cooked it at 450 degrees for 20 minutes...or you can also grill it. When you take it out of the oven cut some slits to let out the steam...otherwise you can really burn yourself! This is what it looks like:

I had this with a bag of Steam Fresh Broccoli and Cauliflower...the whole bag is only 1 point!

BBQ Chicken w/pineapple & green pepper = 9 points
Steam Fresh Broccoli & Cauliflower = 1 point
Total points for Dinner = 10 points

Dessert: Skinny Cow Chocolate Ice Cream cone = 3 points

TOTAL POINTS USED FOR THE DAY = 29!

It turned out very good! I think it would taste even better with some teriyaki sauce:) This is how I will be making my chicken from now on...the chicken was very moist....:) I hope you all have a wonderful evening!

0 comments:

Post a Comment