Monday, August 24, 2009

Beef Tortilla Casserole - WW style





I purchased this boxed dinner and didn't want it to go to waste. So I made it WW friendly. Instead of regular sour cream I used Fat Free and instead of regular cheese I used reduced fat. It was really good and as you can see we had a salad on the side. I also took a picture of the actual recipe for any of those who would like to try it. It was very good. I do admit though I probably used a little more cheese than the recipe called for but not much..shhhhh! LOL

The first day wasn't too bad. I wasn't hungry at all. I still have points left and may not finish them. I know your supposed to and I plan to do that most of the time but sometimes I just am not hungry. I will have a WW cone later and that will be it for the day. This is what I had for the day:

Breakfast - 1 cup raisin bran
3/4 cup milk
small banana

Lunch - Roast beef sandwich - 2 oz lean roast beef, 1 tsp mayo
18 All Bran crackers
Jello Chocolate pudding cup

Snack: 2 WW chocolate chip cookies

Dinner - Beef Tortilla Casserole - see above for recipe

If any of you out there are doing WW I would love any advise or tips! :) Thank you to all my friends who have sent support! I will post before pictures of us soon.

3 comments:

  1. Did you use ground beef in that? It would be scrumptious with chicken! Just a thought, I don't know how WW works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I used 93% lean ground beef...you can also use chicken and I think it saves a little bit of points. It was really good...even with the FF sour cream and low fat sharp cheddar cheese...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe we even have the same casserole dishes!!!!!!! I am tellin ya the similarities are just eerie!!!

    ReplyDelete